Sunday, October 13, 2013

Trondheim Trip... and an elg!

Heja! Well in the beginning of all of this I had it set in mind that I - of course - would constantly update my blog. Regrettably though, I've found that has not been the case! I'm actually finding blogging to be like a McDonald Monopoly more than anything? You always start off with such high expectations for the little ticket on that very large soda and bag of fries. You know the chances are you didn't exactly win the lottery, but your still pretty happy with your free milkshake ticket. So this is me, being happy about my few blogging milkshake tickets.

Well now to stray away from my horrible McDonalds metaphor, this last week has been Hostferie! I spent the most of it in Trondheim with my family and a couple days with a friend and my contact family. Trondheim is a super beautiful city, whenever I'm there I feel like I could probably spend my entire stay with my camera up. Although, that would require me looking like even more of a tourist than I already do, so I keep my camera away... for some of the time. A picture is worth a thousand words (mind my cheesy saying), so here are a few of my favorite.

Niderosdomen, a large cathedral (and when I say large I mean absolutely huge) in central Trondheim built in the the 11th century.






Buildings built on the waterfront in Trondheim. Some portions of the buildings being homes, where as others are shops.
The last photo is of the bridge that goes over the water that these buildings are built by.







Overlooking the city.



My living situation really does work out perfectly for visiting. Just a 10 minute drive from where I live and then an hour and half boat to the city! Buses travel all around Trondheim throughout the day as well so it makes transportation easy. Although I'm finding that if my budget ever breaks, its usually due to travel. The boat costs almost 40 US dollars both ways, and then of course you have bus fees. So I'm quickly finding out that these trips can not be too frequent, especially not on a student budget with Christmas arriving! 

Oh so awesome thing that I have to share about today, I saw an elg (moose)! For the first time ever on a tur (English direct translation is trip but its equivalent to a hike). He even stayed for a quick photo shoot.




So on that awesome moose note, I should probably leave that blog post, its late and I start school again tomorrow! As always I hope everyone is doing well and thanks for taking the time to read. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment