Saturday, October 19, 2013

The Diaries of a Matpakke

In comparing Norway to America this week in a search to find a topic for a blog post, I realized that in the States, at least where I live, people normally don't bring a packed lunch to school, or well not like how Norwegians do it! I am still mastering the art of creating a matpakke. For example, the following lunch with cracker bread inside was more like a cracker salad by the time I pulled it out at lunch. It always baffles me how all the people around me can have such perfect looking boxes, and mine normally looks like a tornado suddenly had an  outbreak in it. But I have to say they are significantly better than the first few I created.

So to be defined, a "matpakke" basically just translated to, mat = food and pakke =  pack. So I bring a "food pack" to school everyday. My school has a cafeteria as well, and the food is so much better than in the average American schools. But it is as well is much more expensive, not outrageous of course because I believe the school only breaks even and does not turn a profit, but definitely not the kind of place you can eat everyday, especially not with a student budget.

So without further to do, here are THE DIARIES OF A MATPAKKE this week *Bum ba ba buuuuuummmm!*



Mondays Matpakke: Bread with Norwegian cheese, cucumbers and a box of raisins. This one is probably my favorite. 




Tuesdays Matpakke: Cracker bread with Norwegian cheese and a box of raisins.



Wednesdays Mattpakke: Pizza Swirls with cheese, pizza sauce and ham. Yumm




Thursdays Matpakke: None! I start school at 11:30! :)




Fridays Matpakke: Peanut butter and Nugatti (basically nutella) sandwich and a kiwi. This is a very dangerously good combination....


So yes! I believe that concludes Mattpakke Diarys for the week! Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their Autumn! 

Oh yes and random side note: we may get snow here soon (YAY!!). 


No comments:

Post a Comment