Saturday, March 22, 2014

Åre!

Last weekend I was lucky enough to join my host family up to Åre in Sweden! For those, boring non slalom skiers (Kidding... mostly ;) ), Åre is a really large ski resort that the World Cup for skiing has been held at and is absolutely gorgeous. I really had a great weekend and it was so great to get back on skis again! I used to race when I was really young so I spent a good amount of my time on skis as a kid, but it had been a while since then, so I was worried about jumping back on again. Thankfully though it was just as easy as it was when I was nine and I had a lot of fun. Didn't break anything, didn't fall... to much, rented a perfect pair of skis, stayed in a "Ski In-Ski Out" appartment and spent my weekend with amazing people. So yeah, I think I'm pretty darn lucky :)

My host family on the slopes! 

Looking over at the lake Are sits off of from a ski run



No comments:

Post a Comment