Sunday, April 28, 2013

Getting ready

Four months and thirteen days till departure and I'm counting the seconds... 
I still find it so surreal that I will be going abroad this summer. It still seems like just yesterday  I picked up the phone and dialed my local AFS volunteer and to see how I could become involved in AFS, but here I am now, and my departure is right around the corner! As my little brother James says "Oh yeah!." :)

So far everything has gone smoothly, I am officially accepted by AFS USA as well as AFS Norway (YAY!!). I have my passport, as well as the necessary requirements but most importantly I have the support of my awesome family (yes, yes, I am aware of how cheesy that sounds). 

I have a large portion of my AFS tuition paid off, but I still have a ways to go! I will be having a Poker Tournament-fundraiser May 18th to help cover it.  Comment with your information if your interested or have any questions!



1 comment:

  1. great job hun!!! So stinkin' proud of you!! love you, Mom :)

    ReplyDelete